Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mundane to Adventurous

My kiddo's make the most mundane tasks adventurous.  Today I went to get the vacuum, and in our home you must announce "I am getting the vacuum" and the kids (even I-man who is 12 years old) will stop whatever they are doing and start running into the living room with excitement as they wait for me to turn it on.  Now, I am just happy that I am vacuuming up the dry cereal bits and shredded paper off the floor, but for them it is a game of "Mom you can't get me."  They run toward me and taunt "Mom you can't get me." I pretend not to see them and then chase them with the vacuum, onto the couch.  They giggle with joy and do it over and over again.  They are dissappointed when the floor is clean and I put the vacuum away, but of all the daily tasks that must be done, vacuuming is always an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment