Friday, August 17, 2012

Adventures in Food

I love going to the library to get new cookbooks
I got two cookbooks to try
Food Network Magazine's  Great Easy Meals and 
Whole Living Magazine's Power Foods

This week I made Moo Shu Pork,
Chicken Tandoori and my favorite
Turkey Korma Wraps and Steamed Broccoli.


Some other things I made for fun are:

sauteed portabella mushrooms with red and yellow peppers

 Popcorn Balls

Popcorn with hard kernals removed

Cherry sauce
karo syrup, cherry gelatin, sugar
cook to boiling and gelatin is disolved


pour over popped popcorn


stir together, let sit for about an hour then you can
form popcorn balls caution it is very chewy.


I am starting a cooking and baking club for kids and teens starting in September in the Tucson/Vail area.  If you are interested please comment and I will send you more info.


1 comment: