Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teaching Moments

Yesterday was a tough day,
It could have been the worst ever.
A kindergartener with pink eye
who can't touch anything or anyone is hard enough
Add a two year old who love to wrestle 
it is nearly an impossible day.

But keep in mind the Lord gives us these challenges
to mold and shape us to the person he wants us to be.
We must recognize the teaching moments
in the midst of the mud and muck of the day.

A trip to the doc, for meds and drops
a promise of pizza on the way home.
Mr. J doesn't listen to me in the pharmacy
the pizza is no more. 
It is hard to enforce the rules everyday
but worth it in the end,
when my boys show respect to me and to others,
the teaching moment has taken effect.

Another teaching moment comes late in the day,
FHE learning to choose good friends.
I learn about each child and their kind ways
and teach them how they are a child of God.
I see my sweet boys how Heavenly Father must
and the potential they hold inside.

We make friend-chip cookies to show our love for each other
and to spread a little cheer to our friends.
I look forward to the next day, and the next
hoping to make the most of the teaching moments I get.

3 comments:

  1. Parenting is such a challenge, especially in those teaching moments.

    Your friend-chip lesson is such a good idea! Mind if I use it in my next FHE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the CTR friendship game in the August 2012 Friend and then made chocolate chip cookies aka Friend-chip cookies. Go nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good mommy you are. I will remember to be more kind & less strict the next time we have a learning moment like that.

    ReplyDelete