Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sugar Free Pumpkin Bar Bites

I converted one of our family's favorite recipe
into the sugar free version of the original.
We invited some friends over for a cook out last night. 
I did not tell the kids that these were sugar free. 
They devoured them.  Some of there comments were:
 M.G. - This is heaven! 
I-Man - These taste better than last time. 
J.G. These are so good. 
G.  - Can I have more. & Can I take one home. 
I made a plate of them to take home,
half the plate was gone before they reached the door. 

Sugar Free Pumpkin Bar Bites
2 cups splenda
1 cup crisco shortening
18 oz canned pumpkin pie mix (2/3 of the big can)
4 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie mix

Combine first four ingredients, mix with blender until creamy. 
Add flour, mix again until combined. 
Add remaining ingredients and blend until combined.
Fill a pastry bag or a plastic freezer bag (cut of end)  fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. 





Bake 350 F for 25-30 minutes.



Top with cream cheese frosting if desired.


note: the splenda in the recipe will prevent it from browning on the top.
 If you want a golden appearence, mist "cupcakes"
with cooking spray before putting in the oven.



2 comments:

  1. These sound so good! If I were using sugar would I use the same amount as the Splenda?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,
    1 cup splenda = 1 cup sugar

    ReplyDelete