Saturday, March 24, 2012

Freshly Squeezed!

What is so great about freshly squeezed juice?
I think it may be all the hard work before you get to drink it
that makes it taste so good.

J-Man has been asking me for the
past two months if he can make his own juice.
I have been reluctant because of the
impending mess I would be cleaning up,
however on a trip to the grocery store we found this orange juicer.

So I bought the juicer and a bag of oranges

I sliced the oranges in half and let J-Man go for it.
He twisted and sqeezed and got frustrated
and had help from me and I-Man

There was a lot of pulp on the top of the strainer,
but we prevailed and yielded about
8 oz of juice from two large oranges

J-Man's juice with ice cubes

J-Man tasting the fruit of his labor.
M: Does it taste good?
J: Yeah!

J-Man has made himself a glass of OJ every morning this week,
and he hasn't wasted one drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment