Saturday, July 21, 2012

Celebrating Pioneer Day

What a better way to celebrate Pioneer Day!

When you live outside of Utah, you celebrate on Saturday
and get the opportunity to share what and why you are celebrating.

We had a bike decorating party last night, and the bikes turned out great.
I-Man's Go Cart

Mr.Mr.'s Bike

J-Man's Bike

We woke up early to attend the flag raising ceremony,
eat breakfast and chat with friends while the kids played

The boys getting ready for the fun.

Breakfast - Apple Pancakes.

Then came the fun part
The Children's Parade!

Mr.Mr. riding his bike in the Parade.
I ran him around the first time, and he felt confident the second time.
I never could get a picture of J-Man, he was trying to ride as fast as possible.

The deacons wore out the battery in the go cart long before the parade started
Sorry, to all the other parents, I already heard most of the boys asking for one.

J-Man found his friend A.N. to run the three-legged race
over, and over, and over.

The reward: one piece of candy each time you race.

J-Man and the other deacons.

It was cloudy most of the morning, but when the sun came out
the heat cranked up to 100 and everyone left quickly.

I am grateful for my rich pioneer heritage
on my Mother and Father's side of the family.
Check out your own family history
Happy Pioneer Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment