Sunday, June 17, 2012

Celebrating the Dad's in our Life

This week we sang songs, wrote letters, made crafts and decorated cupcakes
in celebration of the Dad's in our Life.

On Monday we sang When Grandpa Comes, wrote letters
or drew pictures for our Grandpa's and made tie tacks to give to them.
Writing Letters and Drawing Pictures

Painting the Tie Tacks

L.L & K.L. finished tie tack and card



J-Man's Tie Tack for Grandpa Hall

The Paper Ties flips back so you can read the poem

Grandpa's Pocket
Author Unknown

Now some kids have a grandpa.
Some have quite a few.
But mine's the bestest grandpa
That anyone ever knew.
He's not just ordinary
He's got a special call.
He sounds like woody Woodpecker,
I can hear him loud and clear down the hall.
And boy, do I come runnin',
'Cause he's got more you see.
He's got a special pocket
With things in it just for me.
And if I cuddle up
And give a great big kiss,
All kinds of little surprises come out,
I wouldn't want to miss.
He used to give us gum,
But mom said, "Not any more."
I guess she kept a findin' it,
Smashed into the family room floor.
But heck, I don't even care
And I don't tell no fibs.
He's got something better now.
For our kisses he gives us Nibs.
But my sister likes the fire.
He can turn it on for us.
And even the little babies
Can blow it out without a fuss.
And then we laugh when it blows out
He makes sure it doesn't hurt.
It's amazing what fun there is
In the pocket of his shirt.
But that's not all there's on more thing
He rubs it on our lips quick.
He calls it his capstick,
But we call it our lipstick.
Some grandpa's give kids money
And tell them not to drop it.
But ours gives hugs and kisses
And surprises from his pocket.


This is the tie and tie tack I made for my Dad
a.k.a. Grandpa Hall

Love you Dad

On Tuesday we sang: My Dad and Daddy's Homecoming
Then we made paper flowers with the kids pictures
on the flowers and gathered the stems in a
bag of thier favorite candy or chocolate.

We included this poem with the flowers

The NICEST KIND OF FLOWERS
 I think the nicest kind of flowers
To give dad on fathers day
Are just a bouquet of smiles
That you can give away!
I have some here I brought you.
Will you have just one or two?
Will you come closer?
For there's a kiss with those smiles
That I have just for you.

Another poem that I liked was this one

 
HARD WORKER
My daddy is a hard worker,
With daily work to do.
I want to be like him,
And be a hard worker too.
I will do honest labor
It will make me a better man
And one day, when I'm all grownup
I'll say
I'm like my dad,
Yes,
I am.
D. Alsup

On Friday we made cupcakes for our Dad
Lawn Mower on the Grass
Red Velvet cupcake with marshmallow chocolate frosting
Green tinted coconut for the grass
 Hersheys Nugget for mower body
Mike n Ikes for the motor, wheels and handle

On the grill cupcakes and brownies
Mike n Ikes for the hotdogs
Carmels shaped into stakes
Gumdrop shishkabobs

We had some left over to share after church
with all the Dad's

This was such a fun week, I especially liked
all the kids stories about their Grandpa's and Dad's

1 comment: