Saturday, June 23, 2012

Record Heat, Record Fun!

While the Farenheit soared to 109 degrees in Tucson
we headed to Mt. Lemmon to have some fun in the cooler tempurature.
Mr.Mr. making sure Bouba was okay as we set up camp

J-Man

Mr.Mr. with Bouba  on the path to camp

J-Man Fishing at Rose Canyon Lake

I-Man preparing his fishing rod

Mr.Mr. fishing
I-Man looking for the perfect spot

This gentleman helped Idris, gave him worm bait and
taught him a few tricks for fishing for about an hour. 

View of the lake

Mr.Mr. taking a snack break

J-Man having another go on the rock

I-Man caught his first trout on Thursday

He gutted the fish

scaled the fish

cooked the fish

and ate the fish

only the bones are left.
Mr.Mr. and J-Man gathering pinecones and rocks on the path

I-Man packing water up to camp

J-Man learning to hula hoop

Mr.Mr. trying it too



J-Man made a pinecone nest

Roasting marshmallows over the propane stove
(we were not allowed to have a campfire or use coals)

I-Man with his marshmallow

marshmallow sticky face

sunlight coming through the trees

we went hiking around and found these old burnt tree trunks

Mr.Mr and J-Man being silly on a log

a huge log

Rose Canyon Lake

Climbing the stump

Fishing on Friday

Mr.Mr. on the sandbar

I-Man on the other side of the lake

hangin' out

Mr.Mr. fell asleep just after his bath around 6:30 pm and slept all night long.

I-Man playing cards with me

Poker face

Twilight

No campfire means that it is really dark by 8:45 pm
so we made our own lanterns with a flashlight
and empty clear water containers

light enough to see our card game

Fishing on Saturday

Me and Mr.Mr.




J-Man and I-Man trying to catch one last fish

Mr. Mr. had enough and took a nap on my lap in the shade

so did Bouba.

We had three days and three nights of adventure.
Record fun for all.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Did you take them on that adventure on your own or was your hubby able to come along too? You are such a fun mom for doing all of these great things with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took them up by myself, Noure was working. We had a blast. I did take about a 4 hour nap when we came home yesterday, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the picture of you and Mr. Mr. It is great! You look SO HAPPY! Thanks for your comments about being a Mother and showing in your actions how committed you are to it. I'm glad to call you a friend. And luck too!

      Delete